About Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem was established when Ivan and Lynette Saltzman, newly certified pharmacists, launched their first retail pharmacy in Mondeor, a suburb south of Johannesburg, South Africa. Founded in 1978, Dis-Chem has been the first option in pharmacies in South Africa, thanks to our network of connected dispensaries, family clinics, wound-care clinics, and complete self-medication centers.
As a top specialist in beauty, nutritious food, sports supplements, health and well-being, and other related areas, we provide the most comprehensive selections as well as professional advice. In addition to offering product categories that were previously unavailable in South African pharmacies, the retail pharmacy pioneered the notion of a budget pharmacy.
About the Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Frontshop Assistant 2021
Dis-Chem is offering employment seekers with an entry-level job opportunity for anybody looking to become a Frontshop Assistant for their Glen Hills Store. The Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Frontshop Assistant is a position based in Kwa-Zulu Natal. As a Frontshop Assistant, you will be required to undertake these job responsibilities:
- Boxes must be flattened once they have been unpacked and placed in the specified storage space. In addition, they should be verified by a security officer
- Uphold Standard operating procedures and policies for Local Choice Corporate Stores’ merchandising
- Work as a team member to assist with cycle counts and basic stocktaking
- Management should be notified of any pricing inconsistencies
- Make certain that a complete assortment of items is available on the shelves at all times
- Ensure that newly delivered inventory and/or inventory removed from the storeroom is stowed and packaged in the appropriate place as soon as possible
- Manage the refilling of products and supplies as necessary in order to maximize sales revenue
- The merchandise and shelves at the front of the store must be well-presented and easily visible at all times
- Identify and notify management of any damaged or expired merchandise as soon as possible
- Ensure that stock is cycled on a continuous basis, with first in, first out
- Always be on the lookout for new items and keep your product knowledge up to date
- Management should be notified of low stock levels, products that are out of stock, damaged stock, and expired stock
- Be sure to follow all of The Local Choice Corporate Stores’ operational guidelines as well as their shop design and merchandising layouts
- Merchandising displays must be constructed, faced up, stocked, and maintained in accordance with the TLC Corporate Stores policies and procedures
- In order to maximize sales, it is necessary to restock the product as necessary
- Labels and price must be proper at all times, regardless of the situation
- Facilitate the rotation of stock on a regular basis and adhere to the stock control methods established by The Local Choice Corporate Stores
- Maintain order, cleanliness, and orderliness in the storage
- Maintain the inventory on the shelves to ensure that it has not passed its sell-by date, and follow the first-in, first-out (FIFO) concept.
Candidates interested in the Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Frontshop Assistant must fulfill eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this vacancy. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences for the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Frontshop Assistant Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Officially recognised as a citizen of South Africa (or has a legitimate work permit)
- Owns a legitimate Driver’s License or a reliable method of transportation
- Has a Grade 12/Matric qualification
- At least 0-6 months of work experience in Retail
- Clear from any criminal and credit track records.
2. Advantageous Qualifications
- 1 year of work experience in Retail
- Understands the merchandising standards typically found in the FMCG industry
- Knows how to use planograms
- Understands category knowledge
- Can speak in a 2nd additional language.
3. Personal Attributes
- Can be trusted upon and honest with their client service
- Maintains interpersonal relationships
- Can work with other team members
- Provides constructive feedback to store manager and anybody else in the team
- Interacts well with the company as well as customers
- Keeps track of time well
- Driven by deadlines and can fulfill them easily
- Reads and writes in fluent English.
Apply online: Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Frontshop Assistant 2021.
It is advised that you use Google Chrome to visit the above-mentioned website.
Please type your most relevant replies into the proper spaces on the application site. All of the personal information you provide should be accurate and relevant to your current situation.
The information you provide will be examined by the whole selection committee, which includes you. As a consequence, you should double-check to verify that no bogus information is there. If there is any proof that candidates are providing fraudulent information, they may be put in a risky situation.
Candidates are required to attach a number of supplementary papers to their application, in addition to their profile photo and Curriculum Vitae (CV). These two documents are crucial and should be completed as soon as feasible.
By submitting your applications, you allow the selection committee permission to use your personal information to register you for the event.
Candidates must submit their applications using the above-mentioned website. Other methods of submission, such as personal delivery or fax, will be rejected by the selection committee.
Applications for the Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Frontshop Assistant must be submitted before the closing date on 25 December 2021.
Late applications will not be accepted by the selection committee under any circumstances. Submissions that are received after the closing date will not be recognized during the term of registration.
It is recommended that candidates submit their applications as soon as possible after learning of their selection. You will have more time to thoroughly analyze the substance of your applications as a result of this arrangement. Please begin preparing your applications as soon as you get the opportunity.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear back from the selection committee within 2 weeks past the deadline, we regret to inform you that you have not been chosen for vacancy.
During the recruiting process, Dis-Chem Pharmacies has the right to make or refuse to make a job offer to any candidate. The selecting committee’s conclusions are final and binding on all parties involved.