About Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an South African establishment that specialises in providing pharmaceutical services to a whole range of customers. Since its formation in 1978, the company has branched out with family clinics, dispensaries, self-medication centres, and wound-care clinics. As a trusted specialist, Dis-Chem pharmacies has been a highly sought-after place for all things beauty, sport supplements, health food, health, and well-being.
About the Dis-Chem Pharmacies – Dispensary Support Learnership 2021
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is offering learnership opportunities in Hermanus (Western Cape) for those who are interested in the field of Dispensary Support. The Dis-Chem Pharmacies – Dispensary Support Learnership is a remarkable learnership that equips you with the foundation of this sector. Throughout the programme, you will be subjected to a structured curriculum that combines both theoretical assessments and practical working sessions held in a real-time company setting. Under the guidance of professional training providers, you will be encouraged to show immense progress as you work your way to a qualification.
As a learner, you will be given the following responsibilities:
- Fulfilling the sales of Schedule 1 medicines or substances
- Providing assistance with the preparation of non-sterile medicine/substance
- Following the duties as instructed by the Dispensary Manager
- Interpreting scripts professionally and while maintaining accuracy
- Providing assistance with any relevant call centre scripts.
Learners will be entitled to the following remunerations:
- A market-related salary
- Provident funds
- Medical assistance
- Staff account.
If you find this to be a suitable opportunity for you, don’t hesitate to register for the Dis-Chem Pharmacies – Dispensary Support Learnership.
Candidates interested in the Dis-Chem Pharmacies – Dispensary Support Learnership must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this learnership. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The Dis-Chem Pharmacies – Dispensary Support Learnership Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- A Grade 12 qualification or Senior Certificate with the subjects of Mathematics (HG), Life Science or Physical Science (must have at least 50% score for all subjects)
- Shows proven fluency in English and another 2nd language
- Manages their time well throughout work
- Has a keen eye for small details
- Displays impressive communication abilities
- Good with numbers
- Displays basic understanding of computer literacy.
- Has prior experience dealing with retail FMCG, or in a Dis-Chem front shop environemtn
- Shows knowledge in drug and family planning, as well as complementary medicine
- Knows about Unisolv, E-Scripting, SAP.
3. Special Conditions
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Must be prepared to register with Pharmacy Council
- Has a clear MIE, criminal, and credit track record.
Apply online Dispensary Support Learnership 2021 at:
- Hermanus (Western Cape) – 03 November 2021.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the portal provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as email or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the Dis-Chem Pharmacies – Dispensary Support Learnership must be submitted before the respective closing dates:
- Hermanus (Western Cape) – 03 November 2021.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear back from the selection committee within 2 weeks past the closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been chosen for the programme.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
Reference: Dis-Chem Pharmacies Learnership Programmes