Dis-Chem Pharmacies is a brand of dispensaries and clinics in South Africa that specializes in a variety of both pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical products. Formed in 1978, the company has explored different departments to diversify their extensive portfolio. Dis-Chem Pharmacies has dabbled in health, healthy food, beauty products, sports supplements, and other categories of general health. Home to more than 150 stores, Dis-Chem Pharmacies is accessible towards the general public and provides the best discounts towards their loyal customers. Due to their popularity, Dis-Chem has been recognized as Best Pharmacy in the country. Under their hard working staff of 18 000 full-time employees, Dis-Chem Pharmacies continues to provide satisfactory services towards the people around them.
About the Dis-Chem Basic Pharmacist Assistant Learnership 2020-2021
Dis-Chem is offering learnerships to passionate South African individuals with a fantastic guarantee of a fixed-term position as a Dispensary Support learner. The Dis-Chem Basic Pharmacist Assistant Learnership is a wonderful opportunity for individuals who wish to attain the necessary knowledge of the pharmaceutical field through a solid basic pharmacists assistance course. Candidates can choose to participate in the learnership in three different locations, which are Hartbeespoort, Pretoria, and Rustenburg. Selected learners will understand the core competencies of the industry through performing various tasks. Learners will also receive the chance of receiving permanent employment, provided they will register with the SAPC later on.
Accepted learners will receive a several remunerations to support their journey, which includes a market-based salary, provident fund, medical aid, and a legitimate staff account.
Before you are granted employment as Dispensary Support staff, learners will need to pass the proficiency test to get themselves registered with the Pharmacy Council (SAPC). However, as a pharmacists assistant learner, you will need to perform these responsibilities below:
- Performing tasks that are given by the Dispensary Manager
- Preparing all of the substances required for non-sterile medicine
- Merchandising all stock medicine for the dispensary
- Helping out customers with any required information
- Tending to telephone calls from patients received from call centres
- Managing all the packaging and labelling or the medication
- Being aware of the appropriate dosages of each medicine
- Tending to the scheduled sales of medicine and/or substances
- Cleaning the medicine stock to make sure nothing goes out of line
- Following all of the SOPs that have been implemented
- Making sure that all medicines have been approved by the pharmacist
- Reporting on low stock levels and damages to the manager.
Candidates interested in the Dis-Chem Basic Pharmacist Assistant Learnership must meet several requirements to qualify for the programme. Each of these items in this list below will determine the level of success with your applications. Failure to meet everything might put your applications in a risky position. Make sure you jot down all the eligibility criteria for future reference.
The Dis-Chem Basic Pharmacist Assistant Learnership Eligibility Criteria are:
- Possess a Grade 12/Matric qualification or a Senior Certificate
- Attained at least a 50% average score of Mathematics (HG), Physical Science and/or Life Science
- Proven fluency in English and a 2nd language (written and verbal).
- Punctual and can meet deadlines
- Works well under pressure
- Keen eye to details
- Displays effective communication abilities
- Has a customer-centric mindset
- Solves problems through analysis
- Shows leadership qualities
- Basic understanding in computer literacy
- Foundation in numerical abilities
- Manages conflicts in a mature manner
- Listens well to their customers
- Takes responsibility of their own actions
- Reliable and can be trusted upon
- Can work independently and in a team.
Optional, but Advantageous
- Has prior experience in the Retail FMCH field and working in Dis-Chem front shop
- Possess an impressive performance track record
- Has knowledge on drugs, complementary medicine, and family planning
- Understands SAP, Unisolv, and E-Scripting.
- Officially recognized as a legitimate citizen of South Africa
- Have participated in the proficiency test assessing capability (a requirements to join the Pharmacy Council
- Clear from any credit and criminal track records
Apply online: Dis-Chem Dispensary Support Learnership 2021-2022 (Soshanguve).
Once you have reached the application portal, you will find several different sections. These sections include Personal Details, Profile Photo, CV Upload, Additional Documents, and Questionnaire.
Please fill in the Personal Details and Questionnaire sections with appropriate answers. The information you provide should be accurate with your current conditions. Any misrepresentation of your information can cause you to fail your registrations.
As for the Profile Photo, CV Upload, and Additional Documents section, please upload all of the necessary documents to support your applications. Your CV should be updated and reflect your current skills, whereas your documentation should be legitimate.
Candidates will need to apply through the provided application portal. Applications sent by other methods, such as e-mail or fax, will not be acknowledged by the selection committee.
Announcements will be made to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not hear back from the selection committee within two (2) weeks past the application deadline, we regret to inform you that you have not been selected for the learnership programme.
Applications for the Dis-Chem Basic Pharmacist Assistant Learnership must be submitted before the closing date on 05 February 2021.
It is highly advisable to not wait until the last minute to proceed with the registration procedure. This will give you ample time to better prepare all of the necessary information that you need to provide. Should there be anything missing, you still have days to re-check your application details.
The selection committee does not accept late applications. Candidates discovered sending in applications past the deadline will automatically be disqualified from the learnership registration.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies recognizes themselves as an Equal Opportunity Employer. Under these policies, the company has a series a goals that must be fulfilled to promote diversity and inclusivity in their work culture.
The Dis-Chem Basic Pharmacist Assistant Learnership will implement these policies during their recruitment process. Therefore, People with Disabilities are more than welcome to apply for the learnership, and in return, preference will be offered towards them.