About Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is a line of pharmacies based in South Africa that has had a long heritage since its formation in 1978. The company has gained remarkable recognition amongst the general public for their dispensaries, clinics, and self-medication centres. On the forefront of healthcare-related products, such as beauty, heathy food, and sport supplement, customers can encounter a wide range of useful goods in any Dis-Chem Pharmacies outlet.
About the Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Dispensary Support 2024
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is offering an employment opportunity as a professional Dispensary Support in several locations: Durban (KwaZulu-Natal), Centurion (Gauteng), Krugersdorp (Gauteng), Durban (KwaZulu-Natal), & Durban North (KwaZulu-Natal). The Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Dispensary Support is a great permanent position that allows you to be a part of the Dispensary Support team on an entry-level scale. Selected candidates will be hired based on a Fixed-Term position until they are registered with the SAPC.
As a Dispensary Support staff, you will be tasked with the following duties:
- Inform the dispensary management of low – / out of stock levels, as well as any stock mistakes that occur
- Any additional responsibilities that the Dispensary Manager may give to them
- In line with the South African Pharmaceutical Council, you will learn how to correctly read prescriptions and how to behave in a professional and responsible way while remaining within the legal requirements
- Individuals should be provided with knowledge in order to improve health
- Work with a competent pharmacist to assist with the unpacking and marketing of goods, as well as the cleaning of dispensary and over-the-counter (OTC) shelves
- Compiling, manipulating, or preparing a non-sterile medication or scheduled substance according to a formula and Standard Operating Procedures authorized by the competent pharmacist is the responsibility of this position
- Support the control of stock (including maintaining cleanliness and organization of shelves, as well as keeping track of medication expiration dates) for Schedule 1 through Schedule 5 medicines or controlled substances
- Assist with scripting for contact centers and patient service phone calls
- Maintain the correctness of all medicines by having them verified by a pharmacist and then signed by a pharmacist
- The selling of Schedule 1 medications or Schedule 1 drugs is prohibited
- Make certain that medicine is picked, packed, labeled, and checked accurately, and that you are familiar with typical doses as well as significant drug interactions
- Patient follow-up in regards to the script tracking report, which was requested by the dispensary manager, and scheduling follow-up visits
- Receive dispensary inventory in line with the standard operating procedures (SOP) established by the business
- Assist with the authorisation of chronic, HIV and AIDS, and cancer medications via the insurance plan.
If you think this is the right opportunity for you, don’t hesitate to register for the Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Dispensary Support.
Are you interested in giving the Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Dispensary Support a try? Look no further! Candidates will need to cross check their qualifications by referring to the eligibility criteria below. Each of these items will determine whether you’d make a great fit for the position or not. To ensure you have a higher chance of success, it’s encouraged that you meet all these items below.
The Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Dispensary Support Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Has a Grade 12/Matric/Senior Certificate with the subjects of Mathematics, Life
- Science/Physical Science with an average aggregate score of 50%
- Can speak, read, and write in English and another 2nd language
- Manages their time well and can fulfill deadlines as accordingly
- Works well with pressure
- Has a good eye for the small details
- Displays impressive communication abilities
- Puts on a customer-centric attitude
- Works well with other team members
- Knows basic computer literacy and numeracy skills.
- Has prior experience dealing within the retail FMCH industry, or Dis-Chem front shop
- Possesses an impressive performance track record
- Understand drug and family planning
- Has good knowledge of complementary medicine
- Can speak in a 3rd language
- Knows Unisolv, E-Scripting, SAP.
3. Employment Special Conditions
- Officially recognised as a citizen of South Africa
- Prepared to register with the Pharmacy Council
- Clear from any criminal and credit track record.
Apply online Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Dispensary Support 2024 at:
- Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, closing date: 09 February 2024
- Centurion, Gauteng, closing date: 10 February 2024
- Krugersdorp, Gauteng, closing date: 10 February 2024
- Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, closing date: 14 February 2024
- Durban North, KwaZulu-Natal, closing date: 17 February 2024
Once you’re on the application portal, please skim through the queries before filling them in with the appropriate information. Please make sure that the information you’re providing corresponds accordingly to your current conditions.
By sending in your applications, you are therefore agreeing to the fact that the selection committee has all rights to utilise your information for registration purposes. Your provided information will be evaluated by the selection committee to see if you’d make a suitable candidate.
Candidates must send in their applications through the online application portal that has been provided above. Any submissions sent through other platforms, such as email or fax, will not be entertained by the selection committee.
Applications for the Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Dispensary Support 2024 must be submitted based on the closing dates listed above.
If you’d like to stand a chance during the registration period, it’s encouraged that you send in your applications as soon as possible. This will help you secure a safe spot during the application phase (however, it does not mean you will be given success).
Announcements will only be made to successful candidates. If you do not hear back from the selection committee within 2 weeks past the closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been selected for the vacancy.
The selection committee has a strict zero tolerance for late applications. Anyone found to be sending in their applications past the closing date will automatically be disqualified from the registration period.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies reserves the rights to appoint anyone during the recruitment period. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.