About the CRET (Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust)
The CRET (Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust) is an establishment that has dedicated its efforts to providing support to well-deserving students in their pursuit of obtaining a university education. Since its formation in 1996, the trust was started by Cyril Ramaphosa. In the early days, he donated the money he obtained from his engagements as a public speaker to support students. Soon in 2 000, it was formally developed into the CRET (Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust).
Throughout the course of 21 years, Mr Ramaphosa has become an integral person behind the growth of a number of individuals. Having helped a total of 318 students, with 142 of them graduating after inception, CRET has been crucial to promoting the importance of education amongst young individuals through bursary programmes.
About the CRET (Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust) Bursary 2024
The CRET (Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust) is offering financial assistance for bright-minded South African students pursuing their undergraduate qualifications. The CRET (Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust) Bursary is an all-inclusive programme that welcomes people of all different backgrounds. Any year of study may apply. As an awardee, you will be provided with the necessary support to chase after your academic qualification. If you display exemplary academic scores and valuable qualities as a student, you are more than encouraged to give this opportunity a shot.
Fields of study:
- Commerce and Finance
- and Scarce/Critical skills training (such as Boiler making, Welding, Plumbing, OHS, Renewable energy, Waste management, Green technology, Entrepreneurship, etc)
Candidates interested in the CRET (Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust) Bursary must fulfill eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this bursary. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences for the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The CRET (Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust) Bursary Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognised as a citizen of South Africa (has an official South African Identity Document number)
- Currently unemployed
- Between 16-27 years old
- Currently pursuing or planning to pursue an undergraduate qualification at an accredited South Africa public institution that is NOT longer than 5 years
- Will not be changing the specialisation of their studies during the course of their bursary
- Displays impressive academic track record
- Shows good leadership qualities with remarkable values
- Has proven need for immediate financial assistance, with a total household income of NOT more than R650 000/annum
- Have a good communication skills
- Candidate must have high values
- Preference will be offered to candidates who are pursuing scarce skills recognised under the Department of Labour or other various SETAs.
Apply online: CRET (Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust) Bursary 2024.
Do you wish to apply for the opportunity above? First off, you will need to create an Xhuma account on the portal above. This account will be integral to your entire application process.
Besides putting in your personal information when registering for an account, you will need to upload the following documents:
- Your Identity Document/Passport/Birth Certificate
- Legitimate proof of address from your guardian or parents
- All of your most recent academic track records
- Legitimate proof of income from your guardian or your parents.
All these documents should be included in your application dossier. Incomplete dossiers will automatically be disqualified by the selection committee.
By submitting your applications, you are granting permission to the selection committee to use your personal information for the purpose of registering you for the event.
The information you provide will be assessed by the selection committee. If there are discrepancies found within your applications, you will not be considered for the registration process.
Candidates are required to submit their applications via the website linked to above. Attempts to submit materials via other means, such as hand delivery or fax, will be rejected by the selection committee.
Applications for the CRET (Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust) Bursary must be submitted before the closing date on 10 December 2023.
Make sure you secure your application as soon as possie by registering early. The purpose behind this is to ensure that you have a safe position during the recruitment phase (however, it doesn’t guarantee immediate success).
The selection committee has zero tolerance for candidates who send in their applications late. All submissions sent past the closing date will automatically be disqualified.
CRET (Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust) holds all rights to provide anyone with a job position or not. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
For more information about this programme, please contact:
Tel: +27 11 592 6560
Email: [email protected].