Clicks Group is a retail-led healthcare organization that has been publicly traded on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) since 1996. The business operates more than 840 locations throughout southern Africa under the banners of market-leading retail brands Clicks, GNC, The Body Shop, and Claire’s. With a combined shop network of approximately 840 locations in South Africa and Namibia, as well as 46 outlets in neighboring countries such as Botswana, Swaziland and Lesotho, Clicks is a market-leading brand in the South African retail industry.
Clicks is the largest retail pharmacy chain in the country with over 620 in-store pharmacies, and United Pharmaceutical Distributors (UPD) is the country’s leading full-range national pharmaceutical wholesaler. UPD is South Africa’s leading full-range national pharmaceutical wholesaler and is a subsidiary of the Clicks Group.
About the Clicks Job Vacancy as Shipping Assistant 2022
Clicks is providing employment seekers with a chance to work for the reputable company through their permanent position as a qualified Shipping Assistant. The Clicks Job Vacancy as Shipping Assistant is a great opportunity for individuals looking for work within the Cape Town region and is passionate about being involved in the FMCG & Supply Management Industry.
Generally speaking, a Shipping Assistant will be required to oversee that all Clicks Group import orders are completed and supplied on-time within the shortest feasible lead times, and at the lowest possible cost, while also guaranteeing compliance with all statutory requirements.
Additionally, you will be required to perform the duties below:
- To send Purchase Orders to suppliers within the deadlines that have been agreed upon
- Follow up with suppliers on any Purchase Orders that have been outstanding since the last ship date
- To produce Purchase Orders within the periods that have been agreed upon
- To participate in proactive dialogue with suppliers, category teams, and freight forwarders on LSD changes and to update the ERP system as needed
- To obtain Letters of Credit with all L/C Suppliers in order to complete the transaction
- To confirm Purchase Orders within the time limitations that have been agreed upon
- To provide unverified reports to Category teams on a weekly basis.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the Clicks Job Vacancy as Shipping Assistant’s Reference Number: click_005510.
If you’re certain of joining the Clicks Job Vacancy as Shipping Assistant, feel free to sign up! If you are still unsure whether you’d make a good fit, don’t worry. All you have to do is check the requirements below and re-check your qualifications with the selection committee’s standards. If you’d like to stand a chance of acceptance, make sure you fulfill all of the criteria that are mentioned. Failure to do so might not get you automatically disqualified, but it could reduce your chances of acceptance.
The Clicks Job Vacancy as Shipping Assistant Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Qualifications
- Has a Grade 12 qualification
- Preferable: has a Diploma in the field of Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
2. Job Related Knowledge
- Shows basic knowledge of Incoterms 2010
- Shows basic knowledge of manufacturing and shipping lead times
- Preferable: has basic knowledge of retail buying procedures.
3. Previous Working Experiences
- Has at least 1-2 years of working experience within the shipping/import/export sector
- Has some exposure to activities like freight forwarding, customers clearing, and/or shipping lines
- Preferable: has at least 1 year of working experience dealing with Logistics/Retail/Supply Chain.
4. Working Competencies
- Solves problems efficiently
- Communicates well with other team members
- Analyzes problems well
- Understands basic computer literacy
- Multitask through different workloads.
Apply online: Clicks Job Vacancy as Shipping Assistant 2022.
In order to visit the web site indicated above, it is recommended that you use Google Chrome as your browser.
Candidates are required to register on the application portal in order to submit their applications. This account will be required for the duration of the registration process.
Protecting your account information will help to ensure that your account is protected at all times. Never give out your account information to anybody else, especially not your password.
Additionally, you will be asked to upload your most recent Curriculum Vitae. Make sure your CV contains the relevant information, such as your strengths, skills, and qualifications. This document is a great chance for you to showcase yourself as a potential candidate and why you deserve to be chosen.
It will be examined by the entire selection committee, which will include you, and the information you supply will be kept confidential. As a result, you should do a thorough check to guarantee that there is no fake information included. Candidates may be placed in a potentially hazardous situation if there is proof that they are providing misleading information.
The selection committee will use the information you provide to register you for the event. By submitting your applications, you are giving the committee permission to use your personal information for this reason.
It is necessary for candidates to submit their applications through the website listed above. Attempts to submit materials by other means, such as by hand delivery or fax, will be denied by the committee evaluating the application.
Applications for the Clicks Job Vacancy as Shipping Assistant must be submitted before the closing date on 30 December 2021.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
Clicks reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.