Clicks is a prominent retailer in South Africa with a primary focus in the health and beauty department. Since its formation in 1968, Clicks has grown as a drugstore and slowly became a respected leader in the healthcare market. As one of the largest retailers in the country, the company is also home to one of the most popular retail pharmacy chains on-site – with more than 620 in-store pharmacies that are accessible to a public demographic.
At Clicks, employees are instilled with certain key values that have allowed them to prosper as both a team and individuals. Staff members run their operations with a customer-centric approach and deliver nothing but excellence to keep people satisfied. By implementing the core values of respect, integrity, and discipline, Clicks continues to hold a leading position in the market.
About the Clicks Contact Centre Learnership 2021-2022
Clicks is offering a dedicated 14-month learnership programme for anybody interested in obtaining a professional NQF Level 2 qualification in Cape Town. The Clicks Contact Centre Learnership is a designated programme that is a work-based learning initiative that will help you gain a National Certificate in the field of Call Centre Support. Throughout the programme, you will be taught the necessary knowledge and skills required to develop a career within the Contact Centre environment.
As a learner, you will be required to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the operating procedures
- Fill out logbooks for work-based learning
- Attend classroom activities and on-the-job training, as well as perform tasks in accordance with the Learnership
- Demonstrate a willingness to work in a contact center environment
- Conducting yourself as Clicks Group personnel in accordance with the Company’s principles
- Learn about the company’s goods, rules, and processes in order to be effective with on-the-job training activities
- Demonstrate proficiency with the company’s systems
- Complete formative and summative tests at the necessary level
- Compile an Evidence Portfolio for submission to the SETA.
For application purposes, please take note of the Clicks Contact Centre Learnership’s Reference Number: click_005060.
Do you think you have what it takes to register for the Clicks Contact Centre Learnership? Be sure to send in your application as soon as possible! But first, you will need to take a look at the programme’s eligibility criteria. These items will determine whether you’d make a great candidate or not. If you’d like to check your qualifications, be sure to take a look at the eligibility criteria below. If you’d like to guarantee a higher chance of success, it’s advisable that you meet all these times in the following list.
The Clicks Contact Centre Learnership Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Completed their Grade 12 qualification
- Passed their English subject
- Passed their Mathematics/Mathematics Literacy subject (highly preferable)
- Understands basic computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite
- Currently unemployed and prepared to dedicate 14 months to the learnership
- Officially recognised as a citizen of South Africa
- Currently between 18-35 years old
- People with disabilities are encouraged to register.
2. Personal Attributes
- Network with other people
- Follow basic instructions and work procedures
- Works well with other people
- Passionate about learning new things
- Fulfills the principles under the company
- Meets customer expectations and delivers excellence
- Prepared to work under pressure to satisfy clients
- Displays impressive communication abilities
- Can communicate fluently in English.
Apply online: Clicks Contact Centre Learnership 2021-2022.
To access the online portal above, it’s advisable that you do so by opening Google Chrome.
On the application portal, you will need to register for an account. This account will be used to process your applications from start to finish. Furthermore, you will be asked to upload your most updated Curriculum Vitae (CV).
The information you put in will be evaluated by the entirety of the selection committee. That’s why you should double-check to see if there is no false information. Any indication of candidates providing wrongful details might be put in a risky situation.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Candidates must process their applications through the portal provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as hand delivery or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the Clicks Contact Centre Learnership must be submitted before the closing date on 09 November 2021.
By enrolling as quickly as possible, you can ensure that your application is secured as soon as possible. However, this does not guarantee instant success and is just intended to provide you with a secure position throughout the recruiting process.
Candidates that submit their applications after the deadline will not be considered by the selection committee. All entries received past the closing date will be immediately rejected, regardless of their content.
Announcements will only be made to candidates who are shortlisted for the programme. If you do not hear back from the selection committee within 14 days past the closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been chosen for the learnership.
Clicks has the right to offer or deny employment to anybody at its discretion. The selecting committee’s judgments are final and binding on all parties involved.