About City of Polokwane Municipality
The Polokwane Local Municipality is a Category B municipality in the Limpopo Province, and it is situated within the Capricorn District of that province. It is one of four municipalities in the district, and it accounts for little less than a quarter of the district’s total geographical area. It is estimated that approximately 10% of the population of Limpopo is concentrated inside the Polokwane Municipality, despite the fact that it only accounts for 3% of the province’s total land surface area. Limpopo’s economic center is located in the municipality of Mbabane.
The Polokwane economic center is located in the heart of the city and consists of the central business district, an industrial region, a variety of social services, and well-established formal urban districts that cater to the more wealthy citizens of Polokwane. Less formal settlement areas, which are clustered together on the edges of the city, are seeing a massive inflow of people as a result of rural-to-urban migration patterns.
About the City of Polokwane Municipality Bursary 2022
City of Polokwane Municipality is offering financial assistance for academically talented students who are pursuing their studies in the 2022 academic year. The City of Polokwane Municipality Bursary is an all-inclusive initiative that accepts applicants from a wide range of socioeconomic backgrounds. As an awardee, you will get all of the assistance you need to complete your academic degree or certificate program successfully. If you have consistently achieved high academic results while also demonstrating excellent traits as a student, you are strongly urged to apply for this position.
Candidates interested in the City of Polokwane Municipality Bursary must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this learnership. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The City of Polokwane Municipality Bursary Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Currently in Grade 12 or recognised as first-year students in an accredited Public University, University of Technology, or TVET College
- Pursuing either a first Degree or National Diploma
- Considered as a Permanent resident of Polokwane Municipality
- Originating from a disadvantaged background
- Is not receiving financial from other bursary schemes
- People with disabilities are highly encouraged to register for the programme.
Download application form: City of Polokwane Municipality Bursary 2022.
Once you have downloaded the form, please fill it in with your most relevant responses by writing them into the appropriate areas. All of the personal information you submit should be accurate and correspond to your actual circumstances.
Additionally, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Certified copy of ID document for Applicant
- Proof of provisional admission from a recognized institution of higher learning
- Certified copy of ID document for parent(s)/legal guardian
- Proof of residence in a form of Municipal Water utility, Bank Statement or confirmation letter from authorized traditional leaders.
- In the case of deceased parents, please attach certified death certificates
- Certified copy of the latest Grade 12 results/academic records
- Proof of income for parents/legal guardian.
All these documents must be included in your application dossier. Incomplete dossiers will automatically be disqualified from the programme.
Once you have compiled everything in, please send them via the following submission methods:
- Hand Delivery: 9th floor office no 908 or ground floor at the Civic Centre Cnr Landross Mare Street & Bodenstein Street.
- Postal Carriage: P O Box 111 Polokwane 0700.
Your curriculum vitae should be in either PDF or Word format. Furthermore, it should be free of any handwriting or other markings.
By submitting your applications, you are granting permission to the selection committee to use your personal information for the purpose of registering you for the event.
Candidates are required to submit their applications via the methods above. Attempts to submit materials via other means, such as fax, will be rejected by the selection committee.
Applications for the City of Polokwane Municipality Bursary must be submitted before the closing date on 31 January 2022.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
City of Polokwane Municipality reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
Do you have a question regarding the City of Polokwane Municipality Bursary? Don’t hesitate to ask! Feel free to send in your enquiries and concerns to the contact person below:
Telephone Number: +27 15 290 2504/2029