About the City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town is one of South Africa’s busiest epicenters in the country well-known for its vibrant life and on-going activities. The city has strived to develop a more informed and educated society by providing beneficial opportunities to members of their local community. By creating more accessibility within their societies, Cape Town believes they can achieve an inclusive environment where everyone is connected and interconnected. By embodying the spirit of Cape Town, the city has high hopes of becoming a strategic destination for everyone who choose to be a part of it.
About the City of Cape Town Bursaries 2021
The City of Cape Town is offering financial assistance for bright-minded South African students who are pursuing accredited undergraduate/postgraduate studies. The City of Cape Town Bursaries is an all-inclusive programme that welcomes people of all different backgrounds. As an awardee, you will be provided with the necessary support to chase after your academic qualification. If you display exemplary academic scores and valuable qualities as a student, you are more than encouraged to give this opportunity a shot.
Awardees of the City of Cape Town Bursaries will be entitled to financial aid that will cover your registration expenses, examination costs, and class fees.
The City of Cape Town Bursaries is offered for the following fields:
- BSc Industrial Engineering
- BCom Management Accounting
- MSc Data Science
- MSc Sustainable Energy Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Information & Systems Technology
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants Qualifications (CIMA)
- Fleet Management
- B Business Science
- B Degree in Library and Information Science
- BSc Electrical Engineering
- Nursing (Medical Specialist)
- BCom Accounting
- Contract Management (Design and Implementation)
- Accounting (CA and Cost Management)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Library and Information Science
- BSc Computer Science
If you find this to be a suitable opportunity for you, don’t hesitate to register for the City of Cape Town Bursaries.
Candidates interested in the City of Cape Town Bursaries must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this bursaries. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The City of Cape Town Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Recognised as a student pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate degree/diploma
- Pursuing any one of the fields mentioned above
- Be willing to provide all of the documents required for the programme.
Download application form: City of Cape Town Bursaries 2021.
Candidates are required to download the application form above. Once you have the form ready, fill it in with the appropriate information that accurately represents your current conditions. Make sure the information your provide is correct.
Additionally, candidates are required to provide the following documents:
- A letter of registration/provisional acceptance letter as issued by your tertiary institution
- A legitimate statement of account (if registered)
- A valid copy of your Matric certificate (if you have been matriculated)
- Any letter of recommendation provided by your teacher, mentors, or peers
- Any available awards or certificates
- The contact details of two references
- A valid copy of your Identity Document
- A valid copy of your Surety Holder’s Identity Document
- Legitimate proof of your residence
- A payslip/proof of Government Grant
- Any previous work done in the field that you are planning to pursues.
All of these documents must be included in your application dossier in order to proceed. Incomplete applications will not be considered by the selection committee.
Once everything is compiled into one dossier, please send them in to one of the following walk-in centres: Bellville, Brackenfell, Cape Town Civic Centre, Parow, Plumstead or Strand.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the method mentioned above. Submissions made through other methods, such as email or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the City of Cape Town Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 30 June 2021 at 12:00.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
The City of Cape Town reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.