About the City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town is one of South Africa’s busiest epicenters in the country well-known for its vibrant life and on-going activities. The city has strived to develop a more informed and educated society by providing beneficial opportunities to members of their local community. By creating more accessibility within their societies, Cape Town believes they can achieve an inclusive environment where everyone is connected and interconnected. By embodying the spirit of Cape Town, the city has high hopes of becoming a strategic destination for everyone who choose to be a part of it.
About the City of Cape Town Bursaries 2023
The City of Cape Town is offering financial assistance for bright-minded South African students who are pursuing accredited undergraduate/postgraduate studies. The City of Cape Town Bursaries is an all-inclusive programme that welcomes people of all different backgrounds. As an awardee, you will be provided with the necessary support to chase after your academic qualification. If you display exemplary academic scores and valuable qualities as a student, you are more than encouraged to give this opportunity a shot.
Awardees of the City of Cape Town Bursaries will be entitled to financial aid that will cover your registration expenses, examination costs, and class fees.
The City of Cape Town Bursaries is offered for the following fields:
- Data Science/Analytics (Statistics, Computer Science)
- Auditing (for registration purposes)
- Fleet Management
- Contract Management (Design and Implementation)
- Environmental (Specialists, including Air Pollution, and Water Quality)
- Medicine (MBChB, Specialists, and registration with HPCSA)
- Project Management
- Technical training/qualification in Electricity/Energy Services/HVAC/Refrigeration/Electronic/Process Control and Operations
- Occupational Health and Safety Specialisation
- Supply Chain Management
- Organisational Psychology (Registered with HPCSA)
- Information Systems and Technology (specialisation)
- Library Sciences (Collections and Acquisitions)
- Urban Design, Landscape, Planning, Surveyors, and Architecture
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Occupational Medicine (Practitioner)
- Legal Specialisation (various fields)
- Accounting (CA and Cost Management)
- Artisan Training
- Transport Management
- Engineering (various fields, including Industrial Engineering – BSc or BTech)
- Renewable Energy
If you find this to be a suitable opportunity for you, don’t hesitate to register for the City of Cape Town Bursaries.
Candidates interested in the City of Cape Town Bursaries must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this bursaries. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The City of Cape Town Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- South African citizen
- Recognised as a student pursuing Undergraduate/Postgraduate/Honours/Master/PhD
- Completed Matric
- Grade 12/mid-year results (65% average)
- Pursuing any one of the fields mentioned above
- Studying/registered to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa (University, University of Technology, or TVET College)
- NOT be in receipt of any other bursary awards or financial assistance
- Be willing to provide all of the documents required for the programme
- In financial need
- Reside within the Cape Metropolitan Area/Cape Town.
Download application form: City of Cape Town Bursaries 2023.
Candidates are required to download the application form above. Once you have the form ready, fill it in with the appropriate information that accurately represents your current conditions. Make sure the information your provide is correct.
Additionally, candidates are required to provide the following documents:
- A letter of registration/provisional acceptance letter as issued by your tertiary institution
- A legitimate statement of account (if registered)
- Full academic record or academic transcripts, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- A valid copy of your Matric certificate (if you have been matriculated)
- Any letter of recommendation provided by your teacher, mentors, or peers
- Any available awards or certificates
- The contact details of two references
- A valid copy of your Identity Document
- A valid copy of your Surety Holder’s Identity Document
- Legitimate proof of your residence
- A payslip/proof of Government Grant
- Any previous work done in the field that you are planning to pursues.
All of these documents must be included in your application dossier in order to proceed. Incomplete applications will not be considered by the selection committee.
Once everything is compiled into one dossier, please send them in to one of the following walk-in centres:
- Fezeka (Gugulethu) Walk-in Centre
- Mamre Civic Centre (Cnr Lord Somerset Street and Main Rd)
- Mitchells Plain (Liberty Promenade Mall) Walk-in Centre
- Cape Town Walk-in Centre
- Pinelands Walk-in Centre
- Wemmershoek Walk-in Centre (Paarl Van Riebeeck Rd, off the R301)
- Atlantis (Wesfleur) Walk-in Centre
- Delft Walk-in Centre
- Khayelitsha (Site B) Walk-in Centre
- Athlone Walk-in Centre
- Mitchells Plain (Liberty Promenade Mall) Walk-in Centre
- Ocean View Housing Office
- Parow Walk-in Centre: Civic Centre, Voortrekker Road, Parow, 7500
- Brackenfell Walk-in Centre: Cnr Paradys and Old Paarl Roads, Brackenfell, 7560
- Plumstead Walk-in Centre: Municipal Office/ MVR, Cnr Victoria and Main Roads, Plumstead, 7140
- Strand Walk-in Centre: Ground Floor, Municipal Office/ MVR Office, Cnr Fagan and Main Roads, Strand, 7140
- Bellville Municipal Office Walk-in Centre: Reed Street, Bellville, 7530.
Or email it to [email protected].
NB: Please ensure in your application you mark “City of Cape Town Bursary 2023“.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the method mentioned above. Submissions made through other methods, such as email or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the City of Cape Town Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on Friday, 30 September 2022.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
The City of Cape Town reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
HR Service Desk
Email: [email protected]
City Call Centre
Telephone: 0860 103 089 (option 6)