About the CGS (Council for Geoscience)
The CGS (Council for Geoscience) is an establishment based in South Africa that has made a name for itself in the National Science Councils of South Africa. Formed in 1912, the organisation is recognised as the official successor of the Geological Survey of South Africa. The council works on the grounds of scientific research and has dedicated its efforts to uplifting the geoscience field with its specialised services.
At the moment, the council focuses on several areas of study, which range from Geological services to Cartographic services. Under the expertise of its highly-skilled technical staff, the council takes upon a multi-discipline approach when digging around these particular fields of science.
About the CGS (Council for Geoscience) Bursaries 2022
The CGS (Council for Geoscience) is offering an opportunity for university students and Grade 12 students to register for a full-time 2022 bursary programme. The CGS (Council for Geoscience) Bursaries are designed to provide candidates with the necessary financial support to motivate them throughout their studies, especially within the fields of geosciences.
The CGS (Council for Geoscience) Bursaries is available for the study courses below:
- Mining seismology
- Remote sensing
- Computational Geosciences
- Hydrogeology (focus on groundwater modeling)
- Mineral Economics
- Science Communication
- Engineering Geology
- Economic Geology
Awardees of the CGS (Council for Geoscience) Bursaries will receive coverage for the items below:
- Registration costs
- Tuition costs
- Accommodation fees
- Daily meals
- Prescribed study materials
- Expenses for excursion and research
- One-time allowance for laptops (for first-time bursars).
If you think this opportunity works best for you, don’t hesitate to register for the CGS (Council for Geoscience) Bursaries.
Make sure to send in your application for the CGS (Council for Geoscience) Bursarie as soon as possible. But first and foremost, you must review the program’s qualifying requirements. These factors will decide whether or not you would be a good candidate. If you’d like to double-check your credentials, please see the qualifying requirements listed below. If you want to increase your chances of success, it’s best if you can fulfill everything on the following list.
The CGS (Council for Geoscience) Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognised as a citizen of South Africa
- Currently unemployed and will be available for any required vacation work during your studies and work back after you have finished your studies
- Has plans of registering for a full-time study at an accredited South African institution for the 2022 academic year
- Has accomplished their Grade 12 qualification with at least Level 6 or higher in the subjects of Mathematics and Physical Science
- Officially registered as a full-time student in an accredited higher learning institute in South Africa
- For current students in higher learning institutions, you will need to pass all of your study courses.
Download the Application Form: CGS (Council for Geoscience) Bursaries 2022.
Once you have downloaded the application form, please go through the instructions beforehand. Make sure you follow all of them if you’d like to guarantee a successful application. Any mistakes on the form might cause you to get disqualified.
After you have filled everything in with your personal details, please provide the following documents:
- A copy of your Identity Document
- Certified from your Grade 12 qualification
- Academic transcript
- Grade 11 results (for those currently in Matric)
- Your most updated Curriculum Vitae
- An application letter (that indicates the field of your studies)
- Preference will be offered to women and candidates living with disabilities.
All these documents should be included in your application dossier. Incomplete dossiers will automatically be disqualified.
Once everything is set, please forward your applications and documents to this email address: [email protected]. Your email should have the reference ‘BursaryFT’ in it. This helps the selection committee identify your application in their inbox.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Candidates must process their applications through the portal provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as hand delivery or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the CGS (Council for Geoscience) Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 15 November 2021.
Be sure to send in your applications as soon as possible. An early submission can help you guarantee a spot during the registration period. Plus, it prevents any unwanted last-minute incidents, like sudden heavy Internet traffic or missing documents.
Applications for the programme must be submitted before the closing date. Late applications will not be tolerated by the selection committee, and these kinds of submissions will be disqualified by the programme.
Ampath holds all rights to appoint anyone during the recruitment period. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
Do you have a question regarding the CGS (Council for Geoscience) Bursaries? Don’t hesitate to ask! Feel free to send in your enquiries and concerns to the contact information below:
Email Address: [email protected]
Telephone Number: +27 12 841 1020/1911