Cape Nature is a government-owned organization in South Africa that promotes and maintains biodiversity protection in the Western Cape. CapeNature oversees complexes that include 113 nature parks and wilderness areas, as well as six Marine Protected Areas (the latter on behalf of the national Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment).
To fulfill CapeNature’s responsibility of care to the environment, it is necessary to have reliable scientific data, a thorough grasp of fynbos ecology, and a dedication to the principles of integrated biodiversity management and planning in South Africa. It also needs the enthusiastic participation of communities, the general public, and other stakeholders in order to nurture and conserve the natural resources of the Western Cape.
About the CapeNature Job Vacancy as General Worker 2021
CapeNature is welcoming Grade 12 applicants to apply for the employment opportunity as a General Worker/Housekeeper for their Kleinmond, Western Cape location. The CapeNature Job Vacancy as General Worker is looking for someone dedicated and experienced to report to the Tourism Liaison Officer directly at the reserve.
As a General Worker, you will need to undertake the following responsibilities:
- As specified by the standard operating procedures, performs daily inspections as well as checks the daily and weekly cleaning charts
- Guarantee that there is an adequate supply of clean linen and guest supplies in all designated places
- Ascertain that the housekeeping operating stock, linen, and other assets are under effective management
- Assuring that supply shortage are resolved and that dirty or damaged merchandise is reported is essential
- All keys are to be kept in your possession
- To ensure that all documentation and records are completed in compliance with departmental guidelines
- Identify training requirements and provide on-the-job training for all direct reports in the assigned areas
- Ensure that all tourism-related storage places and equipment in designated locations are maintained clean and orderly
- Coordination and contact with essential departments, such as maintenance, must be maintained at all times
- Deal with the misplaced property as quickly and effectively as possible in accordance with regular operating procedures
- Ensure that any damages or stains on soft furnishings are escalated to the appropriate department so that they may be dealt with as soon as possible
- Maintain a high degree of client satisfaction
- Ensure that all health and safety precautions are followed by all workers and visitors to the facility
- Responsible for ensuring efficient supervision of the cleaning crew
- Any minor maintenance concerns must be reviewed on a daily basis and reported to the appropriate departments as soon as they are discovered
- Guarantee that the cleaning materials available to the employees under your supervision are always adequate
- In charge of the monitoring and main discipline of all employees in the assigned areas of responsibility
- Ensure that all housekeeping standards, regulations, and procedures are followed to the letter
- Responsible for ensuring that the housekeeping operation is run efficiently and effectively.
Before submitting their applications for the CapeNature Job Vacancy as General Worker, candidates must first ensure that they meet all of the required qualifying requirements. Whether or not you are qualified to continue with this learnership will be determined by your performance on each of the criteria listed below. Candidates are strongly recommended to satisfy all of the prerequisites listed below in order to ensure a successful application. Your applications will suffer negative effects if you do not complete this step. Ensure that you take note of these points for your own reference.
The CapeNature Job Vacancy as General Worker Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Has a Grade 12 qualification
- Must have at least 12 months of experience in a similar role previously
- Has an official South African Identity Document (ID)
- Owns a clear criminal track record
- Advantageous: owns a legitimate Code EC Drivers and PDP.
2. Personal Attributes
- Must be fluent in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape Province, with English being one of the languages to which you must be able to converse
- Ability to work irregular hours and on weekends as needed, as well as on holidays
- Has computer proficiency
- Communication and interpersonal abilities that are second to none
- Displays abilities as a supervisor
- Communication and customer service abilities that are exceptional
- Shows curiosity about health and hygiene
- Regular, clean, and responsible appearance
- Has the ability to work both in a group and on one’s own
- Good organizing and problem-solving abilities are required.
Apply online: CapeNature Job Vacancy as General Worker 2021.
To access the online portal above, it’s advisable that you do so by opening Google Chrome.
On the application portal, please type in your most relevant answers into the required boxes. All the personal details you provide should correlate correctly to your current conditions.
The information you put in will be evaluated by the entirety of the selection committee. That’s why you should double-check to see if there is no false information. Any indication of candidates providing wrongful details might be put in a risky situation.
Candidates are required to upload a couple of documents, which include their profile photo as well as their Curriculum Vitae (CV). These two pieces of documents are vital things that should be compiled.
Your CV should be in PDF or Word format. Additionally, it should not have any handwriting on it.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Candidates must process their applications through the portal provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as hand delivery or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the CapeNature Job Vacancy as General Worker must be submitted before the closing date on 10 December 2021.
Be sure to send in your applications as soon as possible. An early submission can help you guarantee a spot during the registration period. Plus, it prevents any unwanted last-minute incidents, like sudden heavy Internet traffic or missing documents.
Applications for the programme must be submitted before the closing date. Late applications will not be tolerated by the selection committee, and these kinds of submissions will be disqualified by the programme.
CapeNature holds all rights to appoint anyone during the recruitment period. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.