About BME (Omnia Group)
BME is a leading mining division that has been on the forefront of its parent company, the Omnia Group. Together with Protea Mining Chemicals, BME has worked tirelessly in tending to the secotrs of mining, chemicals, and agriculture. Based in Joburg, South Africa, Omania has up to 61 years of experience in providing chemicals to a variety of industries. Thanks to their constant innovations and expertise, BME has been able to cater to 17 countries. These include Namibia, Swaziland, Sierra Leone, Senegal, and many more on the list.
About the BME (Omnia Group) Learnership 2020-2022
The BME (Omnia Group) is offering a number of learnership programmes to dedicated applicants who have a solid background in the fields of Engineering and Chemistry. The BME (Omnia Group) Learnership, which will conducted for a duration of 24 months, are designed to provide learners with the basics of the Mining Division. The programmes initiated by BME are meant to upskill fellow members of the South African society and ensure that they have the knowledge to attain sustainable employment in the future. If BME (Omnia Group) is the company of your choice to learn from, then this is the right learnership for you.
Note: during the course of applications, make sure you have the learnership’s Reference Number on you at all times (Ref No. OMN200930-2).
Available Learnership Positions
- Mechanical Engineering (1 position at Gauteng – Losberg/Fourcheville)
- Mining Engineering (1 position at Limpopo – Mokopane (Mogalakwena Mine))
- Electronics Engineering (1 position at Gauteng – Strijdom Park)
- Analytical Chemistry (1 position at Gauteng – Losberg/Fourcheville)
- Industrial Engineering (1 position at Gauteng – Bryanston)
Candidates interested pursuing a BME (Omnia Group) Learnership 2020-2022 must adhere to the eligibility criteria established by the company. Each of these items below will need to be met in order to be considered qualified enough for the programme. Failure to do so may cost you your chances of even getting recognized by the selection committee. Therefore, make sure you take note of everything in this list below.
The BME (Omnia Group) Learnership 2020-2022 Eligibility Criteria are:
1. Basic Requirements
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Residing in any one of the areas whether the learnership of your choice is taking place
- Holds a legitimate Grade 12 or Matric qualification
- Already has a Degree or Diploma in any one of the aforementioned fields
- Between 18-35 years old at the time of application
- Has not been involved in a learnership before this one
- Clear from any criminal track records
- Be prepared to participate in Medical Fitness Assessments
- Preference will be offered to local candidates residing near the areas of the workplace – specifically residents within a 30km radius of BME operations.
2. Working Attributes
- Has a strong understanding in MS Office Software (e.g. Excel, Outlook, and Word)
- Capable of meeting daily work targets
- Displays a high sense of motivation
- Organizes and plans workload in an efficient manner
- Showcases impressive communication capabilities
- Either has or does not have any working experience prior to this learnership.
Apply online: BME (Omnia Group) Learnership 2020-2022.
To register for the learnership, candidates will need to have an account beforehand. The purpose of this account is to store all of your personal information and supporting documents required to for the programme. If you do not have an account yet, please create one. Once you have your account ready, make sure that you keep your account credentials safe, especially your password, to prevent any privacy breaches.
Alternatively, if you already have an existing LinkedIn account, you can automatically log in to the portal using that as well. This will save the time of having to create a separate account. Additionally, you can sync in any necessary information from your LinkedIn to to portal, ensuring a fuss-free application procedure.
Once you have accessed your account, candidates must also send in these following documents:
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae (complete with contact details)
- A brief letter of motivation
- Your most updated references
All documents are to be submitted accordingly. Candidates sending in incomplete applications with missing documents will have their registrations revoked immediately.
Applications for the BME (Omnia Group) Learnership 2020-2022 are accepted until the closing date on 07 October 2020.
Since applications are conducted online, it is highly advisable that you get to your registrations as soon as possible. This is to avoid any last-minute disruptions that may possibly occur, such as heavy Internet traffic.
Please be kindly informed that the selection committee has zero tolerance for late submissions. Candidates sending in applications past the deadline will not be considered for registration at all.
BME (Omnia Group) is a huge follower of their Equity Principles enforced in the company. Everyone of different demographic groups are given the same amount of opportunities to be a part of their team. Therefore, candidates must send in information such as their age, gender, race, and disabilities (if any) to be used as further consideration by the committee.