About the Bergrivier Municipality
The Bergrivier Municipality is an area within Piketberg, encompassing a massive 407 square kilometres. Home to more than 56 000 citizens, the municipality comprises other smaller areas such as Velddrif, Redelinghuys, Piketberg, Porterville, Aurora, and Eendekuil. Additionally, the municipality is also home to smaller towns such as Laaiplek and Dwarskersbos.
Citizens of the Bergrivier Municipality are dedicated to building a community where everybody is prosperous. Members of the area both live and learn, as well as work and play while committed to creating a sustainable development that serves others.
About the Bergrivier Municipality Bursary 2022
Bergrivier Municipality is offering a bursary programme for Bergrivier Municipality students planning to pursue their studies in a tertiary institution. The Bergrivier Municipality Bursary delivers support for students who are going to chase after their first Degree or National Diploma. Candidates interested in the programme can be pursuing any study field of their choice.
Awardees will be entitled to coverage for expenses like registration costs, tuition expenses, examination costs, prescribed study materials, and accommodation costs. Please be kindly informed that all funding will be directly transferred to the institution, and awardees will be required to sign an agreement.
Do you think you have what it takes to register for the Bergrivier Municipality Bursary? Be sure to send in your application as soon as possible! But first, you will need to take a look at the programme’s eligibility criteria. These items will determine whether you’d make a great candidate or not. If you’d like to check your qualifications, be sure to take a look at the eligibility criteria below. If you’d like to guarantee a higher chance of success, it’s advisable that you meet all these times in the following list.
The Bergrivier Municipality Bursary Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognised as a citizen of South Africa
- Currently, and permanently residing within the areas of Bergrivier Municipality
- Studying or planning to pursue full-time studies towards your first Degree/National Diploma
- Studying or planning to pursue their studies in an accredited tertiary institution based in South Africa
- Has accomplished their previous year’s studies with passing grades
- Meet the entry requirements to enter the tertiary institution of your choice
- Preference offered to students currently between 18-35 years old (however, anyone outside of that age range is welcome to register)
- Preference is offered to candidates who have a total family income that is below the GAP housing threshold.
Download the application form: Bergrivier Municipality Bursary 2022.
After you have downloaded the application form, you will need to fill in the form with complete information. Additionally, you will need to provide the documents below:
- Proof of monthly household income (salary or pension slip if applicable, affidavit if
- Proof of disability (if applicable)
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution
- Proof of residence with Bergrivier municipal area
- Certified copy of South African identity document
- Certified copy of an academic record, matric results or previous years tertiary results
- Prescribed bursary application form.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Candidates must send in their applications via Hand Delivery (to one of these municipal offices):
Please send them in for the attention of Mr. D Boumeester (Human Resource Officer: Training and Development). Make sure you indicate your applications with the words “Application for External Study Bursary” so that the selection committee can easily find your application.
Application received through email or fax will not be considered by the selection committee.
Applications for the Bergrivier Municipality Bursary must be submitted before the closing date on 12 November 2021.
By enrolling as quickly as possible, you can ensure that your application is secured as soon as possible. However, this does not guarantee instant success and is just intended to provide you with a secure position throughout the recruiting process.
Candidates that submit their applications after the deadline will not be considered by the selection committee. All entries received after the deadline will be immediately rejected, regardless of their content.
Bergrivier Municipality has the right to offer or deny employment to anybody at its discretion. The selecting committee’s judgments are final and binding on all parties involved.