AVI is a South African establishment that has specialised in the production of a variety of household products. From hot beverages, to frozen convenience foods, from cosmetics, to fashion apparel, AVI is supported by a world-class manufacturing facility that is integral in their overall business production.
About the AVI Apprenticeships 2021-2024
AVI is offering apprenticeship positions in the fields of Electricians, Millwright, Fitter, and Instrumentation to aspiring career pursuers in South Africa. The AVI Apprenticeships is a series of programmes based in Durban and Kempton Park. The apprenticeships, which will be conducted for a total duration of 36 months, are favorable amongst the general public for the following reasons:
- Accountable for the quality and timeliness of delivery
- Provided with meaningful employment and opportunity to make a difference
- Real-world exposure and hands-on learning opportunities in real-world working settings
- Participation and the development of alternative solutions to real business problems are encouraged
- Mentorship, advice, and support on a continuous basis.
As an apprentice, you will be conducting the duties below:
- Recognize that all workplace instructions and other materials that come into the hands of the apprentice or trainee as a consequence of the training remain the property of the employer
- Maintain a polite and professional demeanor at all times
- Maintain ownership of the training record and be prepared to provide it upon request to their employer and/or training organization, if one is required
- Make payments to your training organization for tuition and student fees (your employer may pay these on your behalf)
- Recognize that any information acquired from an employer and provided in trust must be kept strictly confidential
- Follow all workplace health and safety (including clothing and equipment) and code of conduct workplace regulations, as well as any other applicable laws
- Follow instructions and participate in any training or evaluation linked to the training plan as directed
- Attend work, carry out the responsibilities assigned, and make acceptable progress toward achieving the skills outlined in the training plan
- Follow all of your employer’s legally required instructions as soon as possible.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeships, you will be equipped with the necessary work experience to pursue a real-time career path in the future.
If you think the AVI Apprenticeships works for you, be sure to register for the programmes as soon as possible.
Before submitting their applications for the AVI Apprenticeships, candidates must first ensure that they meet the necessary qualifying requirements. Each of the things listed below will decide whether or not you have the necessary qualifications to continue with this apprenticeship. Candidates are strongly encouraged to fulfill all of the criteria listed below in order to ensure a successful application. Your applications will suffer negative repercussions if you do not complete this step. Ensure that you take note of these points for your own reference.
The following are the eligibility requirements for AVI Apprenticeships:
1. Basic Requirements
- Has a qualified Matric certificate
- Finished and passed their FET College at least N2 qualification in one of the following
- Engineering Trades:
- Mechanical – Fitter
2. Other Qualifications
- Prepared to work in shits
- Committed throughout the entire 3-year agreement
- Dedicated towards participating in any optional learning programmes
- Prepared to be in the programme as soon as possible.
3. Success Factors
- Solution-oriented when facing problems
- Loves implementing logic and searching for accurate facts
- Develops new ideas by taking a conceptual approach
- Can be relied upon to finish their work according to the deadlines
- Contributes to the company by creating high-quality work
- Has a keen eye for the small details
- Networks well and establish strong relationships
- Can withstand pressure from the workplace
- Confident in their own skills when establishing communications.
Candidates interested in the apprenticeship programmes must fill in the required boxes as instructed. Make sure you prove accurate information that describes who you are. Candidates with false information will automatically be disqualified from registrations.
Additionally, you will need to upload your most recent CV. Your CV should contain information regarding your strengths, skills, and relevant qualifications. This is the right time to showcase your potential as a potential candidates. It’s also important that you include your contact information in it just in case the selection committee needs to reach out to you.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the portal provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as hand delivery or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the AVI Apprenticeships 2021-2024 must be submitted before the closing date on 12 September 2021.
Do you think you’re the right person for the apprenticeship? Then it’s time to get a head start with your applications! Even though the deadline is not too near, it’s still best that you prepare your applications as soon as possible.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Anyone discovered to be making their submissions past the deadline, even by just a few days, will not be considered during the registration period.
AVI reserves the rights to appoint anyone during the recruit period. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.