Assmang is a South African mining establishment that is well-known for their manganese ore mines based in the Black Rock Mining Complex. Assitionally, the company has branched their focus onto other ventures, which includes their iron ore mines at Khumani, as well as their Beeshoek Mines located in the Northern Cape Province. Assmang is home to 6 567 employees that are divided into three main sections that make up the entire company. Under the supervision of African Rainbow Minerals and Assore Limited, Assmang has become a reliable entity trusted by their partners in Asia, India, Europe, and the United States of America.
About the Assmang Learnerships 2021
Assmang is offering 9 learnership positions for 5 different fields to South African individuals who would like a working foundation in the mining industry. The Assmang Learnerships is a wonderful opportunity for young folks to obtain credible learning sessions in a real-time comapany setting. Through a structured curriculum that combines both theoretical assessments and practical working sessions, you will work your way up to a decent qualification that will transform you into a more attractive asset in the eyes of your future employers.
Learnership Fields and Qualifications
The Assmang Learnerships is currently available for the following fields with their respective qualifications below:
1. Learnership Instrumentation Technician (X2) (Ref. No: BH 0322)
Qualification: Certificate S4/T3/N6 with these subjects: Mathematics, Science, Instrumentation Technician Trade Theory and Engineering Drawings.
2. Learnership Auto Electrician (X3) (Ref. No: BH 0321)
Qualification: Certificate N2 with following subjects: Mathematics, Engineering Science, Motor Electrical Trade Theory and Industrial Electronics.
3. Learnership Boilermaker (X2) (Ref. No: BH 0325)
Qualification: Certificate N2 with following subjects: Mathematics, Engineering Science, Boilermaker Trade Theory and Engineering Drawings.
4. Learnership Fitter (X1) (Ref. No: BH 0319)
Qualification: Certificate N2 with following subjects: Mathematics, Engineering Science, Fitter Trade Theory and Engineering Drawings.
5. Learnership Rigger (X1) (Ref. No: BH 0320)
Qualification: Certificate N2 with following subjects: Mathematics, Engineering Science, Rigging Trade Theory and Engineering Drawings.
Candidates interested in the Assmang Learnerships are more than welcomed to give this opportunity a shot. To register for the programme, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria below. Each of these items will determine whether you have what it takes to become an ideal learner for the programme or not. Failure to meet all of these requirements will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications.
The Assmang Learnerships Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Possesses a Grade 12 qualification
- Has a Valid Code B Driving License
- Displays behavioral competencies such as self-leadership, assertiveness, problem solving, conflict managing, etc.
- Knows how to use Microsoft Office
- Shows understanding in Generic Engineering and Trackless Mobile Machinery.
2. Working Responsibilities
- Proactive in taking change initiatives
- Offers up-to-date data
- Knows when to take up improvement initiatives
- Complies to rules and regulations, SHERQ standards, quality standards
- Contributes greatly to team performance
- Knows how to use tools and resources
- Follows trade test activities
- Ensures core-off-the-job training
- Complies with IMS standards
- Reduces the usage of waste
- Knows how to manage team relationships
- Prioritizes personal development.
Apply via email: [email protected] (Assmang Learnerships 2021).
Candidates are required to send in their most updated CV (Curriculum Vitae) to the email above. When sending through email, make sure to use PDF or Word format.
Your CV should accurately indicate your strengths, skills, and other relevant abilities. It is encouraged to submit any other relevant documents as well.
Alternatively, you can submit your CV through either one of these methods as well:
- Fax: +27 86 731 6851
- Hand Delivery: Application Box at the Security Department Beeshoek Mine (located around 65km south of the Khumami Mine near Postmasburg, Northern Cape Province).
Internal candidates must write down their company number right at the very front page of their application or CV.
Candidates are only allowed to send in one application for one positions. Candidates who submit more than one application will not be considered.
Applications for the Assmang Learnerships must be submitted before the closing date on 19 February 2021 at 13:00.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Candidates discovered to be making their submissions past the deadline will not be entertained during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to start on their applications as soon as possible. This will give you some time to assess your applications before sending them in. Please kindly register at your earliest convenience.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear back from the selection committee within 21 days past the closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been selected for the programme.
Assmang reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
Do you have a question regarding the Assmang Learnerships? Don’t hesitate to ask them. Send in your enquiries or concerns via the provided contact information below:
E-mail address: BH[email protected]
Telephone number: +27 53 311 6666