About Anglo American Platinum
Anglo American Platinum is a company that has established themselves in the mining industry. Their diverse portfolio includes several kinds of Platinum Group Metals (PGMs), which includes rhodium, iridium, platinum, ruthenium, palladium, and osmium. The company’s ability to explore, process, and polish a range of minerals has earned them the title of leading primary manufacturer of Platinum Group Metals. Thanks to their capabilities, Anglo American has become the trusted partner of many relevant industries, which varies from dentistry, to petroleum refining. Through apply specialized applications, Anglo American has modernized the production of metals and minerals on both a local and international scale.
About the Anglo American Platinum Learnerships 2024-2027
Anglo American Platinum is welcoming South African individuals to participate in their learnership programmes to obtain new working knowledge and skills. The Anglo American Platinum Learnerships is an opportunity that is reaching out to external members of the company. The programme is specifically offered to individuals who have yet to be employed by a company and require a solid working foundation to improve their chances of receiving work.
Upon successful completion of the Anglo American Platinum Learnerships, participants will be entitled to a qualification that will turn them into a certified Artisan. The learnership programme will be conducted in Mokopane, Johannesburg, Burgersfort, & Thabazimbi. At the moment, the Anglo American Platinum Learnerships are provided for the following fields:
- Boilermaker Plater
- Earthmoving Mechanic
- Diesel Mechanic
- Measurement Control & Instrumentation Mechanician
- Auto Electrician.
Candidates who wish to participate in the Anglo American Platinum Learnerships must adhere to the programme’s extensive eligibility criteria. Each of these items below will be used by the selection committee to evaluate all candidates on a fair basis. To guarantee a successful applications, it is recommended that you fulfill all these requirements below. Failure to do so might put you in a risky position during the registration period.
The Anglo American Platinum Learnerships Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Prepared to perform underground work duties (e.g. dusty areas)
- Willing to work irregular hours (e.g. eleven-day fortnight shift periods)
- Passes the programme’s Psychometric Assessment
- Has the relevant Medical Certificate of Fitness
- Provides these documents below:
- A copy of your Identity Document
- Your most updated Curriculum Vitae
- Valid copies of your available qualifications.
2. Educational Qualifications
- Obtained a Matric Certificate with at least a 40% average aggregate score in these subjects: English, Physical Science, and Mathematics (not to be confused by Mathematics Literacy)
- Has an N2 Certificate (or higher) with a list of subjects relevant with their respective Discipline Requirements
- Alternatively, has an NCV Level 4 certificate in the respective trade with at least a 40% average aggregate score in all of their subjects.
3. Trade Test Requirements
- Has at least an N2 Certificate with these subjects:
- Engineering Science
- Industrial Electronics/Plating Structural Drawings/Engineering Drawings
- Relevant Trade Theory
- Has an NCV Level 4 certificate in the respective trade with at least a 40% average aggregate score in all of their subjects.
- Engineering Learnerships (Mechanical) – Mogalakwena (Earthmoving & Diesel Mechanic, Boilermaker/Plater, Rigger and Fitter)
- Engineering Learnership (Electrical) – Mogalakwena Mine (Electrician, Auto Electrician, Millwright and Control & Instrumentation)
- Engineering Learnership – Rustenburg (Fitter, Electrician, Boilermaker, Millwright)
- Engineering Learnership – Polokwane Metallurgical Complex (Boilermaker, Electrician, Instrumentation)
- Engineering Learnership – Boilermaker Plater (Mototolo Complex)
- Engineering Learnership – Amandelbult Complex (Fitter, Rigger, Electrician, Diesel Mechanic, Boilermaker).
Interested candidates must fill in the application form that has been provided in each one of the aforementioned links. Make sure that the information that you provide represents your current conditions. Failure to provide accurate information will automatically get you disqualified from the registration procedure.
In addition to the application form, candidates must also attach their supporting documents in order to proceed. You must also have your proof of residence with the stamp issued by your respective municipality or tribal office. Any missing documents might cause your applications to be disregarded by the selection committee. Make sure to double-check before submitting your application dossier.
Applications for the Anglo American Platinum Learnerships must be submitted before the closing date on 16 February 2024.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear back from the committee within 21 days past the deadline, we regret to inform you that you have not been successful with your applications.
- Candidates will be subjected to a detailed background check – upon submission of your applications, you have given consent to have all of your personal information evaluated by the selection committee
- All personal data will be processed in a private manner according to Anglo American’s implemented regulations
- Curriculum Vitaes should contain all of the information required to proceed with the applications (e.g. proof of residence, references) – if your CV does not meets the requirements, you will be disqualified
- Accepted learners will be required to adhere to the company’s codes of conduct and safety regulations.
The Anglo American Platinum Learnerships considers itself as an Equal Opportunities Employer. The company strives to achieve a diverse working environment that gives equal opportunities to people originating from different backgrounds. Therefore, preference will be offered to candidates that meets their Equality Opportunities goals.