About De Beers
De Beers is a prominent company based in South Africa that has garnered a well-rounded reputation as the largest producer of diamonds in the country. On top of their diamond production processes, the company is also responsible for distributing them to most sectors within the diamond industry, which ranges from mining, retail, and trading.
With more than 100 years of experience in the field, De Beers is supported by a global team of 20,000 employees based in Botswana, Namibia, Canada, and South Africa. Everyone on the team shares the same passion towards diamonds and continues to promote the beauty through the company’s own stores, or their partners’ locations. Taking pride in their solutions, De Beers is committed to acquiring diamonds through sustainable and ethical methods.
About the De Beers Learnerships 2021-2022
The De Beers Learnerships is a remarkable learnership that equips you with the foundation of this sector. Throughout the programme, you will be subjected to a structured curriculum that combines both theoretical assessments and practical working sessions held in a real-time company setting. Under the guidance of professional training providers, you will be encouraged to show immense progress as you work your way to a qualification.
The De Beers Learnerships is available for the following fields:
- Boilermaker Plater
- Measurement Control and Instrumentation Mechanician
If this programme works for you, don’t hesitate to register for the De Beers Learnerships.
Candidates interested in the De Beers Learnerships must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this learnership. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences for the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The De Beers Learnerships Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Academic Requirements
- Has a Grade 12/Matric qualification with Mathematics (not Maths Literacy), English, and Physical Science (must have obtained at least a 40% average aggregate score)
- Or an N2/Higher qualification with the subjects as required in your Discipline Requirements
- Or an NCV Level 4 qualification in relevant trade with all of the subjects obtaining at least a 40% average aggregate score)
2. Trade Test Requirements
- Obtained at least an N2 qualification with the relevant trade subjects, such as:
- Relevant Trade Theory
- Engineering Science
- Industrial Electronics/Engineering Drawings/Plating Structural Drawings
- Has an NCV Level 4 qualification in the relevant trade with an average aggregate score of at least 40%.
- De Beers Learnerships 2021-2022: Boilermaker Plater
- De Beers Learnerships 2021-2022: Electrician
- De Beers Learnerships 2021-2022: Fitter
- De Beers Learnerships 2021-2022: Measurement Control and Instrumentation Mechanician.
In order to visit the web site indicated above, it is recommended that you use Google Chrome as your browser.
Candidates are required to register on the application portal in order to submit their applications. This account will be required for the duration of the registration process.
Additionally, you will need to send in these documents:
- Your complete Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of your Identity Document
- Certified copies of your relevant qualifications
Your CV should also come with legitimate proof of residence with the stamp indicated by the relevant tribal office/municipality.
All these documents should be included in your applications. Incomplete dossiers will be disqualified from the programme.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Candidates must process their applications through the portal provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as hand delivery or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the De Beers Learnerships must be submitted before the closing date on 29 October 2021.
The selection committee has zero tolerance for candidates who send in their applications late. All submissions sent past the closing date will automatically be disqualified.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear back from the selection committee within 21 days past the closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been accepted by the selection committee.
De Beers holds all rights to provide anyone with a job position or not. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.