About Agbiz (Agricultural Business Chamber)
Agbiz (Agricultural Business Chamber) is an establishment that aims to negotiate and position for a favorable agribusiness environment so that its members can perform competitively and profitably. The Agricultural Business Chamber (Agbiz) is an independent, dynamic, and influential association of agribusinesses with the mission of promoting a competitive and profitable agribusiness environment.
Agbiz’s members are the primary reason for the organization’s existence, and as a result, the organization’s actions are geared at addressing the collective interests of its members and providing value to their businesses.
About the Agbiz (Agricultural Business Chamber) Bursary 2022
Agbiz (Agricultural Business Chamber) is welcoming students to receive financial aid to pursued their future postgraduate studies for the 2022 academic year. The Agbiz (Agricultural Business Chamber) Bursary is available for students who are planning to pursue their studies in the field of Agricultural Economics/Agribusiness Management/relevant fields. Applicants can either choose to pursue their Master’s or Ph.D. degree. If you find this to be a suitable opportunity for you, don’t hesitate to register for the bursary programme.
Candidates interested in the Agbiz (Agricultural Business Chamber) Bursary must fulfill eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this bursary. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences for the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The Agbiz (Agricultural Business Chamber) Bursary Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognised as a citizen of South Africa
- Has finished an undergraduate degree, or currently in your final academic year in your undergraduate studies
- Officially registers to pursue your postgraduate studies in the field of Agricultural
- Economics/Agribusiness Management/relevant fields
- Must be pursuing their postgraduate studies in a South African institution
- Has achieved at least 60% score for all of their subjects.
- Applicants will be selected based on their academic merit and their latest study record
- Preference will be offered to students that are pursuing studies highly relevant to the study fields of Agbiz
- Must show a specific motivation with their applications.
Download the application form: Agbiz (Agricultural Business Chamber) Bursary 2022.
Once you have downloaded the application form, please skim through the instructions beforehand. This will prevent you from making any mistakes on your form.
Additionally, please send in the following documents:
- Student benefits from (if relevant)
- Declaration (on the application form) of any other bursary or support programme the
- Certified copy of your South African ID or any other proof of RSA citizenship
- Study record to date of an undergraduate degree (on tertiary letterhead)
- Letter of recommendation by academic supervisor or head of the department (strictly no longer than one page)
- Proof of registration, or letter from the head of the department confirming qualification for admission (on tertiary letterhead)
- Letter of motivation by the student, stating why he/she needs the bursary and what the bursary fund will be used for (strictly no longer than one page)
- Completed application form.
All these documents should be included in your application dossier. Incomplete application dossiers will automatically be disqualified from the programme.
After you have filled in the application form and compiled your documents, please send them through either one of the submission methods below:
Email address: [email protected] (be sure to put in the words “Agbiz Centenary Bursary Application” in the Email Subject Line)
PO Box 76297
By submitting your applications, you are granting permission to the selection committee to use your personal information for the purpose of registering you for the event.
Applications for the Agbiz (Agricultural Business Chamber) Bursary must be submitted before the closing date on 05 December 2021.
Make sure you secure your application as soon as possie by registering early. The purpose behind this is to ensure that you have a safe position during the recruitment phase (however, it doesn’t guarantee immediate success).
The selection committee has zero tolerance for candidates who send in their applications late. All submissions sent past the closing date will automatically be disqualified.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear back from the selection committee by the very latest mid-January 2022, we regret to inform you that you have not been accepted by the bursary programme.
Agbiz (Agricultural Business Chamber) holds all rights to provide anyone with a job position or not. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.