About AECI (African Explosives and Chemical Industries)
AECI is a diverse group of sixteen enterprises that does regional and worldwide commerce in Australia, Africa, Europe, South East Asia, North America, and South America. Customers from a wide variety of industries, including mining, water treatment, plant and animal health, food and beverage, infrastructure, and general industrial, are served by the company’s products and services.
The strategy of the Group is to be the supplier of choice in the markets in their areas of operations growing domestically as well as through the ongoing expansion of its footprint within the geographies and markets served. In addition, the Group aims to be the supplier of choice in the markets in which it operates.
About the AECI (African Explosives and Chemical Industries) Job Vacancy as Safety Officer 2022
AECI (African Explosives and Chemical Industries) is offering candidates the chance to work for the company with a permanent position as Safety Officer. The AECI (African Explosives and Chemical Industries) Job Vacancy as Safety Officer is a permanent opportunity based in Northern Cape which will require you to perform the duties below:
- To continuously monitor and modify change or intervention technologies in order to improve safety, health, and environmental quality (SHEQ) behavior, attitudes, and abilities, and to increase safety, health, and environmental quality (SHEQ) responsibilities
- To interpret and apply all legal requirements by means of the development and maintenance of systems and procedures, and to take part in all investigations relating to the function
- To be responsible for the monitoring of all safety, health, environmental, and quality issues, and to provide advice on corrective action when it is required, such as the disposal of waste and remediation
- To assist the process of Hazop studies (Risk Assessments) assuring the removal and mitigation of SHEQ and subsequent site dangers. This is a formal appointment in accordance with the policy of the Company, and its purpose is to aid 16.2 appointees in fulfilling their obligations under the law
- To engage in the operations of line management, with special attention paid to the appropriateness of operating procedures and the adherence to those procedures
- To provide guidance and assistance in the determination and execution of corrective measures, such as, for instance, the modification of operating instructions or the training or retraining of operational employees, as well as to provide advice and recommendations in this regard
- To work with line management and the centralized ETD Section in order to ensure that records of training are kept in order to comply with the requirements set out by the Company and applicable laws
- Assisting line management in the compilation of SHEQ-related training schedules, as well as providing or making arrangements for the supply of the training that has been identified. This would pertain to things like clearance training, advanced driver training, and environmental awareness training. Additionally, to guarantee that physical copies of these training records as well as system records are kept.
- To keep the budget under control within the allotted amount, i.e., personal protective equipment given to workers and training
- To offer a support function for the Corporate function via the supply of critical information, as well as the application and interpretation of the Company SHEQ Policy
- Ensure that all mining standards and operating instructions are followed.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the AECI (African Explosives and Chemical Industries) Job Vacancy as Safety Officer Reference Number: AEC220803-5.
Feel free to sign up for the Job Vacancy of Safety Officer at AECI (African Explosives and Chemical Industries) if you are positive that you will be applying for the position. Don’t stress about it if you are still unsure about whether or not you would be a suitable fit for the position. All that is required of you is to review the prerequisites listed below and compare your qualifications to the criteria established by the selection committee. Make sure that you satisfy all of the requirements that have been outlined in order to give yourself the best possible opportunity of being accepted. It’s possible that you won’t be automatically disqualified if you don’t do this, but it will certainly hurt your chances of being accepted.
The AECI (African Explosives and Chemical Industries) Job Vacancy as Safety Officer Eligibliity Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Has a Grade 12 qualification
- Owns a National Diploma in Safety Management
- Has a SAMTRAC
- Shows a minimum of 2-3 years of experience relevant to the field
- Be familiar with the OHS Act, Explosives Act, and other SHE legislation as well as amendments to the current legislation
- Has working knowledge of the Skills Development Act and other NQF requirements
- Understands internal company procedures requires in training for process operations
- Proficient in the technical ements of the SHE management, Explosive/OHS Act regulations, company standards and procedures, and other necessary legislative requirements (E.g. Environmental Act, Water Act)
- Has a strong hold on presentation skills and understands basic training methodologies.
2. Personal Competencies
- Shows a strong sense of urgency
- Can work under pressure
- Displays solid written and oral communication abilities
- Solves problems effectively
- Has a high level of accuracy
- Meets deadlines quick
- Adapts well to different working situations.
Apply online: AECI (African Explosives and Chemical Industries) Job Vacancy as Safety Officer 2022.
It is strongly suggested that you make use of Google Chrome as your web browser if you plan on going to the website that was just mentioned. In order for applicants to submit their resumes and cover letters, they must first register for an account on the application portal. During the entire duration of the registration process, you will be required to use this account.
You can also submit your application by using your handphone instead of your computer because this method is significantly more convenient. You can use Google Chrome as your web browser if you are working with an Android operating system on your handheld device. You don’t need to install any other browsers on your phone because Google Chrome comes pre-installed in handsets running the Android operating system.
You can also register using Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn, as an alternative. You will save a significant amount of time by not having to create an account from scratch.
You will be a part of the evaluation process alongside the other members of the selection committee, and the information that you provide will be held in strict confidence. As a consequence of this, you need to do an exhaustive check to ensure that it does not contain any fictitious information.
The information that you supply will be utilized by the selection committee in order to register you for the event. You are granting the committee permission to use your personal information for this purpose by submitting your application.
Candidates are required to submit their applications by way of the website that was previously mentioned in this sentence. The committee that is responsible for considering the application will not accept any materials that have been submitted in any other manner, including by hand delivery or fax.
Applications for the AECI (African Explosives and Chemical Industries) Job Vacancy as Safety Officer must be submitted before the closing date on 18 August 2022.
The committee in charge of making selections has an absolute zero tolerance policy regarding late applications. During the registration period, we will not acknowledge any submissions that are received after the deadline has passed.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their materials as quickly as humanly possible. You will now have some time to conduct an accurate analysis of the information contained in your applications thanks to this development. Please have your applications ready as soon as it is convenient for you to do so.
During the selection phase of the recruitment process, AECI (African Explosives and Chemical Industries) retains the discretion to choose whether or not to make an appointment. The decisions that the selection committee comes to are irrevocable in every case.