AECI is a major Chemicals company with a diversified portfolio of various products and services. With roots all over the globe, namely Africa, South East Asia, South America, Europe, North America, and Australia, AECI has been an integral part to a spectrum of industries. Throughout the years, AECI has helped with water treatment, food and beverage, animal health, general industrial sectors, and more to come. Tailoring to the needs of their large customer base, AECI has become a reliable provider for chemical based solutions.
About the AECI Apprenticeships 2023
AECI is giving out an apprenticeship programmes for South African youths looking to obtain practical working exposure in a company as a qualified Apprentice. The AECI Apprenticeships, conducted in Modderfonetin, Gauteng, is a unique opportunity that will help you gain a better understanding of the Chemicals industry within the AECI working environment.
At the moment, the AECI Apprenticeships is offering 3 apprenticeship fields:
- Turner Mechanist X2
- Mechanical Fitter X2
- Instrumentation Mechanician X1
As a chosen apprentice, you will be tasked with the duties below:
- Acquire knowledge and skills relevant to the designated trade through training
- Follow the formal training plan and make satisfactory progress to meet the competency requirements
- Fulfill the requirements set by Seta (Unit Standards) to successfully finish the Apprenticeship programme
- Adhere to the guidelines, regulations, work instructions, Health, Safety, and Environmental procedures, and programs
- Be physically fit to work in a chemical environment, including confined spaces and at heights.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the AECI Apprenticeships reference number.
- Turner Mechanist: AEC230328-4
- Mechanical Fitter: AEC230328-3
- Instrumentation Mechanician: AEC230328-2
To be qualified for the AECI Apprenticeships, you will need to tick off all the requirements mentioned below. This eligibility criteria will help the selection committee understand the potential of each candidate and assess everyone on a fair basis. To ensure you have higher chances of acceptance, it’s recommended that you meet all of the requirements below. Failure to do so might cause you to lose your chances of a successful application.
The AECI Apprenticeships Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. General Requirements
- Currently unemployed
- Between 18-25 years old
- Has at least a legitimate Code B Driver’s License (preferable).
A. Apprenticeship – Turner Mechanist & Apprenticeship – Mechanical Fitter
- Mechanical Matric with the subjects of Mathematics and Physical Science
- N3 Certificate with English, Engineering Science, Maths, N3 Trade Theory in Fitting or Machining
B. Apprenticeship – Instrumentation Mechanician
- Matric with Mathematics and Physical Science.
- N3 Certificate with English, Engineering Science, Maths, N3 Trade Theory in instrumentation
3. Personal Attributes
- Manages their time well
- Displays impressive interpersonal abilities
- Takes initiative during work
- Works well with other team members
- Communicates well with other people
- Aware of all safety policies
- Has a keen eye for the smallest details.
Apply online AECI (African Explosives and Chemical Industries) Apprenticeships 2023:
- Apprenticeship – Turner Mechanist
- Apprenticeship – Mechanical Fitter
- Apprenticeship – Instrumentation Mechanician.
To register for the programme, you will need to sign up for an account on the registration portal. This account will be used to store all of your personal information required by the selection committee to assess your application.
The personal information you provide will be put into further evaluation by the selection committee. This is to ensure that they can fairly assess candidates based on their capabilities. Anyone discovered to be provide false statements about themselves will be disqualified from the programme.
Make sure you keep your account information hidden from anyone else. This will prevent unwanted hacking incidents or anyone misusing your account.
Alternatively, you can choose to log in with Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn. This will save you a lot more time from having to create an account from scratch.
Only submissions made through the application portal above will be considered by the selection committee. Applications sent through email or hand delivery will not be acknowledged by the committee, and you will not be considered as a candidate.
Applications for the AECI Apprenticeships 2023 must be submitted before the closing date on 11 April 2023.
Late applications will not be accepted by the selection committee under any circumstances. Submissions that are received after the closing date will not be recognized during the time of registration.
It is recommended that candidates submit their applications as soon as possible after learning of their selection. You will have more time to fully examine the substance of your applications as a result of this arrangement. Please begin preparing your applications as soon as you get the opportunity.
AECI retains the right to make or not to make an appointment at any time throughout the recruiting process, without explanation. The selecting committee’s judgments are final and binding on all parties involved.
Reference: AECI Learnership Programmes