Ackermans is a clothes retail business based in South Africa that has over 100 outlets. Based in Kuilsriver, close to Cape Town, Ackermans was established in 1916 in Wynberg, Cape Town, and now operates over 700 shops throughout Southern Africa, including Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho, eSwatini, and Zambia. Its headquarters are in Wynberg, Cape Town.
Gus Ackerman, the company’s founder, opened the doors to the very first Ackermans shop in Wynberg, Cape Town, in 1916 after discovering it. His goal was straightforward: to make high-quality items accessible to everyone. Today, there are more than 740 Ackermans shops in five countries, and that goal is at the core of each and every one of them, no matter where they are located.
About the Ackermans Job Vacancy as Shop Assistant 2024
Ackermans is welcoming employment seekers to sign up for their current available permanent job opportunity as a professional and valuable Shop Assistant. The Ackermans Job Vacancy as Shop Assistant is a chance for anybody who has prior working experience within the retail industry and knows how to deliver exceptional customer service and become an agent of change in the hospitality department.
As a Shop Assistant, you will need to undertake the duties below:
- Bringing inconsistencies and concerns to the attention of the supervisor
- Making preparations for stocking shelves with products
- Responsible for maintaining security inside the business and keeping an eye out for shoplifters, fake credit cards, and other criminal activity
- Refunding customers
- Keeping cash registers and revenues in balance
- Receiving and storing enormous quantities of commodities once they have been delivered
- Being in charge of the processing of cash and credit card payments
- Customer concerns are dealt with in a responsible manner
- Make sure you’re up to date on special specials and setting up display boards
- The process of attaching price tags to products on the sales floor
- Participate in the management and control of inventory
- Providing assistance to customers in locating the items and products they are searching for
- Working within set parameters, which is especially important when working with brands
- Giving consumers advice and help on product selection
- Responding to client questions and concerns
- Customers that walk inside the store are greeted
- Maintaining the cleanliness and order of the shop, which involves hovering and mopping.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the Ackermans Job Vacancy as Shop Assistant’s Reference Number: ACK240102-1.
Candidates interested in the Ackermans Job Vacancy as Shop Assistant must fulfill eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this vacancy. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences for the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The Ackermans Job Vacancy as Shop Assistant Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Owns a Grade 12 qualification or any relevant qualification
- Has retail experience prior to this vacancy (advantageous)
- Understands basic computer literacy
- Displays impressive communication abilities
- Proven fluency in the English language (additional languages will be beneficial)
- Skills in till operation that is precise and efficient – with a strong track record of overs and unders
- Willingness to consistently implement the Refinery’s principles, rules, and procedures in all parts of your job is a must
- Excellent attendance and punctuality records have been maintained
- The ability to maintain a high level of work on the sales floor, devotion to upholding high-quality standards and cleanliness standards, and the desire to take the initiative when a task needs to be done
- Outstanding customer service abilities, the ability to engage and communicate with clients, and a genuine desire to be “of service” are all required.
Apply online Ackermans Job Vacancy as Shop Assistant 2024 at:
- Randfontein, Krugersdorp and Westonaria Nodes (Closing date: 09 January 2024)
In order to visit the website indicated above, it is recommended that you use Google Chrome as your browser.
Candidates are required to register on the application portal in order to submit their applications. This account will be required for the duration of the registration process.
You can also register using Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn, as an alternative. You will save a significant amount of time by not having to create an account from scratch.
It will be examined by the entire selection committee, which will include you, and the information you supply will be kept confidential. As a result, you should do a thorough check to guarantee that there is no fake information included. Candidates may be placed in a potentially hazardous situation if there is proof that they are providing misleading information.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Candidates must process their applications through the portal provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as hand delivery or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the Ackermans Job Vacancy as Shop Assistant must be submitted before the closing date on 09 January 2024.
Make sure you secure your application as soon as possie by registering early. The purpose behind this is to ensure that you have a safe position during the recruitment phase (however, it doesn’t guarantee immediate success).
The selection committee has zero tolerance for candidates who send in their applications late. All submissions sent past the closing date will automatically be disqualified.
Ackermans holds all rights to provide anyone with a job position or not. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.