In addition to retail, commercial, corporate, investment, and wealth banking, Absa also provides investment management and insurance services. The organization is dedicated to discovering customised solutions to difficulties that are specific to each location, and everything they do is geared toward producing shared value. Absa is an African organization that is motivated by the people it serves and driven to become an internationally acknowledged organization that Africa can be proud of.
Absa strives to do this through providing a comprehensive range of products and services spanning retail, business, corporate, investment, and wealth banking, as well as investment management and insurance solutions, among other areas of expertise. The Absa Group, which is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, is one of Africa’s biggest diversified financial services firms, having operations in 14 countries.
About the Absa Job Vacancy as Teller 2023
Absa is offering a full-time employment opportunity for candidates who are interested in working with a long-standing reputable bank as a professional Teller. The Absa Job Vacancy as Teller will require you to perform bank teller transactions effectively and timely, set objectives must be followed, with the goal of ensuring that clients are serviced immediately and in a courteous way.
As a Teller, you will be required to perform the following duties:
- Customers should be informed about the Bank’s processes, security needs (such as identification requirements while transacting), and service offers accessible to them. Respond to client complaints via the Bank’s Customer Care Procedure (CCP) in order to promote feedback and help the bank provide better service to its customers
- Stay alert for fraudulent or suspicious activity and immediately notify the team leader or branch manager of any concerns before executing the transaction or distributing the cash
- When dealing with customers, make sure that you are accurate and efficient
- Customers should be instructed on how to appropriately complete transaction paperwork such as deposits, withdrawals, and cheque requisition slips in order to guarantee that the papers are accurate and complete
- Before finalizing the processing, make sure that all transactions have been correctly authorized on the bank’s system
- Prepare reconciliation reports for the purposes of auditing and management review. Maintain proper journal processing to ensure that costs for manual transactions performed for clients are recovered
- Process and encash client checks provided for deposit or pay-out after verifying identity, account information, and other mandated controls, as applicable
- Maintain the balance, control, and management of cash float by periodically reviewing the amount of cash on hand at the teller station and requesting replenishment or repatriation of cash when the statutory cash limits are exceeded during the day
- Providing guidance to consumers on the cash and other transaction procedures is essential to ensuring that transactions go smoothly
- Any transactions that exceed the teller mandate limitations should be referred to a mandated authority and/or line manager for approval
- Reconcile your own cash at the beginning and conclusion of each day, as well as whenever currency is replenished during the day
- Ensure that the SARB’s bare minimum standards are met
- Attempt to fix client issues to the best of your ability before referring them to other departments or your line manager. Providing regular updates to clients on the status of their inquiries is essential
- Over the counter, provide and receive actual cash, checks, travellers’ cheques, drafts, and other financial instruments to walk-in clients, as well as process transactions online
- Make use of the cash counting equipment available in your branch to meticulously count any cash collected or distributed to ensure that mistakes are avoided.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the Absa Job Vacancy as Teller’s Reference Number (see below).
Candidates interested in the Absa Job Vacancy as Teller must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this learnership. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The Absa Job Vacancy as Teller Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Has a Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC) in the fields of Business, Commerce and Management Studies (obligatory).
Important note: Affirmative action is taken by Absa Bank Limited to ensure that all employees are treated fairly and fairly. Suitable candidates from designated groups will be given priority for employment, in accordance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, whose appointments will contribute to the achievement of equitable demographic representation in our workforce profile and contribute to the diversity of the Bank.
Apply online Absa Job Vacancy as Teller 2023 at:
- Ixopo – Ref. No. R-15954051
- Potchefstroom – Ref. No. R-15954595
- Taung – Ref. No. R-15954599
- Mthatha – Ref. No. R-15953633
It is recommended that you use Google Chrome as your web browser in order to access the aforementioned web address (see above).
For the purpose of submitting their applications, candidates are required to create an account on the application portal. It will be necessary to log into this account for the duration of the registration process.
Making sure that your account information is protected at all times will help to ensure that your account is protected at all times. Never give out your account information to anyone else, especially your password, because it is extremely sensitive.
It will be reviewed by the entire selection committee, which will include you, and all of the information you provide will be kept strictly confidential, as stated in the contract. So you should double-check everything to make sure there isn’t any misleading or false information contained within. The candidates may be placed in a potentially hazardous situation if it is determined that they are providing false information to the interviewer.
The information you provide will be used by the selection committee in order to register you for the event. By submitting your applications, you are granting the committee permission to use your personal information for the purposes of the committee’s investigation.
Candidates must submit their applications through the website listed above in order to be considered for consideration. Failure to submit materials by other means, such as hand delivery or fax, will result in the application being denied by the committee responsible for reviewing the application.
Application is available as long as it is not deleted on its official website.
By enrolling as quickly as possible, you can ensure that your application is secured as soon as possible. However, this does not guarantee quick success and is just intended to provide you with a secure position throughout the recruiting period.
Absa has complete discretion over whether or not to provide a post to anybody. The selecting committee’s conclusions are final and binding on all parties involved.